Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Sunday, March 7, 2010

Inaugural blog

In this, my inaugural blog, I decided to start off with a story from one of the books that I have sitting around, which goes as follows:

Two monks were once travelling down a muddy road. A heavy rain was falling. Coming around the bend, they met a lovely girl in a silk kimono and sash, unable to cross the intersection.
"Come on girl," said the first monk. Lifting her in his arms, he carried her over the mud.
The second monk did not speak again until that night when they reached a lodging temple. Then he no longer could restrain himself. "We monks don't go near females," he said. "It is dangerous. Why did you do that?"
"I left the girl there," the first monk said. "Are you still carrying her?"

My question, which you must answer without thinking - Are you the first monk or second?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very interesting....My question: What if you're the girl? Frankly, I think the second monk is just jealous that he didn't get his hands on the girl....I know - making the philosophical trashy - my specialty!! L

Wicknasty said...

Both