Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Thursday, April 8, 2010

A zen moment?

Have you ever had a "zen" moment, wherein you felt totally at peace, and as one with the space around you? I have had two, almost three in my lifetime. The third one - the "almost zen" was on my mountain bike, speeding down a path, turning, then where the zen was lost - hitting a hole I didn't see, flying over the handle bars, ripping the skin off my knee, going to emerg. The second one was actually more than once - hitting backhands against the backboard at the tennis court - my arm, my hand, the racquet, the ball, the ground, the backboard, the air, were all one. The first, and the most complete, was swimming lengths at the pool - the zen moment didn't occur until the 70th lap (just over 1 mile) and continued for the next 20. Simply put, I was one with the water, I became the water. However, for the most part, that time has passed, and I must now find the zen that resides in me.

No comments: