Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Thursday, August 26, 2010

Casablanca Lily


I have just this one Casablanca Lily in my garden, which bore three big beautiful blooms this year. It doesn't quite fit in all alone next to the large white Hydrangea and Phlox (David), but I haven't been able to come up with a better place yet. It is a stunning flower, and I have read that it has an "irresistible" and "intoxicating" fragrance, however I have not had the pleasure of same..... it is one of the flowers that I cannot smell.

Flowers, together with their unique beauty and fragrance, also have meanings or sentiments attached to them. The Casablanca Lily is Celebration. It does seem fitting....

Although a flower's life is fleeting, we admire it while it is with us, but we do not forget its beauty when it is gone.

No comments: