Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Sunday, October 24, 2010

This moment...

cki Oct 10 2009

Note added Sunday afternoon Oct 24 2010:

This is another big departure, as I'm sharing a little piece of me that seems slightly "fluffy" when  you look at it.  However, I like to think of it as a little corner of "zen". Weird combination I know.

I wrote the poem last October, but I took the photo this October, just last week, whilst mowing the lawn for what should be the last time until spring. With the cell phone camera, it is pretty much hit or miss when taking pictures (as you can tell by a lot that I have posted on the blog), and when the sun is involved, even moreso. In this one, the light from the sun was shapeless, with the pink aureole which I wasn't particularly fond of. I was going to post the photo with the poem beside it or under it, but decided to try it out this way. Strange thing is that the poem fit right into the shapeless form of the sun.  Who would have thought I could get a half decent photo and a sunburn in late October.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't think this is fluffy at all... I REALLY like it. It has several layers. I could really spend sometime on this one.
Share more please!

Spockgirl said...

K:
I think of it as "fluffy", because it is definitely not how I have been or would be perceived in person. I was going to say "corny", but went with "fluffy" instead.