Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Holy Sh...izzle


Yesterday I wrote a very long, perhaps the longest, post I have ever done, and it was filled with the most mundane details. I must concede that however mundane those details were, it was a good day. For some reason, I am still thinking about that wine. Its label reads: "Deep red purple colour. Intense black fruit aromas combined with a hint of mocha. Tannins are smooth and sweet. Round and persistent finish. "

I heated up some of the chili for lunch and holy shizzle. It wasn't the burn your tongue, nasal drip inducing, make your eyes water kind of hot, it was...  different. The best way to describe it is to use the last line from the wine description. "Round and persistent finish." It had a subtle, lingering heat. I had an Italian bread to go with it, as well as my bastardized version of a mocha latte. Nice.

The bread brought back an actual childhood memory (wow???) of having toast (white bread of course) slathered with butter (real butter of course) and dipping it into hot chocolate. I'm starting to think that if more memories resurface, they will all end up revolving around food or drink. Go figure.

No comments: