Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Monday, November 29, 2010

Twists and turns...

Strange... weird... odd.... whatever you will call it. A short while back I had seen a rather humourous comment on a site I was reading, and followed the link to that person's blog. Lo and behold, it was called "Scotland Here and Now" (I have a soft spot for Scotland...and Ireland, but not sure which endears me more), and I continue to read there for its unique character, and hopefully a laugh. On a recent post regarding the trials of snow as well as skiing in kilts, there were a number of commenters, and being ever curious, I linked over to a few. One of them turned out to be a person from Scotland who is now living in N.Z.. This guy has a few blogs, of which one in particular caught my eye,  "ScienceFictionStuff", where he had a separate page called "Dr Martin Luther King and Star Trek" (How could I not check that one out?), where I found THIS. Now that is very cool.

So what, you might ask, is so weird about that? A Canadian, reading an American blog, linking to a commenter's blog in Scotland, then linking to a blog by a Scotsman living in New Zealand, who had a page that piqued the interest of and resonated with Spockgirl?, and which had a link to an interesting article originally published in an online Canadian newspaper. Twists and turns.

2 comments:

T1G said...

That's pretty cool... the lyrics to Clutch's "Soapmakers" came to mind:'As they stirred Heaven and Earth, they combined to one,
and everything was everyone and each one was all.
As they stirred I heard a trumpet call,
and everything was everyone and each one was all. '

Um.... perhaps they don't fit all that well. But they did in my grape, at that time, so it has to count for something, right?

Spockgirl said...

Uh... egads. My brain is spam right now, but I can see a vague correlation. Are you feeling ok? If you aren't, email me whenever.