Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Friday, December 17, 2010

Believe...

I WON THIS!

I actually won this official Canucks jersey in a draw! It was rather funny that the lady at the counter whispered to me that there hadn't been that many entries, so I had a really good chance of winning it. How cool is that?

I haven't watched any NHL games in almost a decade, and I haven't been following the Canucks at all, but they will always be my team. For a little hockey back-story, you can go here. They have been through a few uniform changes over the years and the interesting thing is that this current one is styled on the uniform that they wore when I WAS A KID! Somewhere I have autographs from a couple players who wore the original way back when.

Of course I tried the jersey on, but it is a Size Large, so it is HUGE! I'm really tempted to keep it, but I doubt if I would wear it, and there is no way I can sleep in it.... it's polyester. Hmm... maybe I'll wrap it up and put it under the Christmas tree... until I can figure out who to give it to.

I was trying to come up with a reason why I felt like sharing this bit of nothing and then it dawned on me that I very rarely get excited about anything AT ALL, but... yes, I did about this.  One other thing... just as I was finishing typing this, a sweet (some of the time) kid brought me some timbits! Nice. Sometimes you gotta believe. (And no, my language and grammar are not slipping, that was intentional.)

2 comments:

T1G said...

Sweet! Now if it were a 'Hawks jersey and a little larger, I'd offer to take it offa your hands! :)

Spockgirl said...

Ah... territorial too I take it.