Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Saturday, December 25, 2010

The Christmas Spirit...


I don't know any of these guys, or anyone for that matter deployed in Afghanistan, but this picture speaks to me:

from TAH and from here.  Now that is the spirit.

This was the first year that I spent the entire day wearing my Santa hat, whilst prepping veggies, cooking the turkey, mashing potatoes, whipping cream, etc.... eating dinner, putting leftovers away, cleaning up and sitting here typing. I don't know why, but for some reason, wearing the Santa hat today just seemed to make it feel more Christmas-ish when I wasn't feeling quite Christmas-y.

And on this day, it may seem odd to some, but once again, I wish to honour the fallen since last time:
Canada (PQ), U.S. (SC, Cali, Minn, Pa (2), Tex, Va),
France (2), Germany and the U.K.

As the day draws to a close, I sit here in my quiet, peaceful little corner of the world and my thoughts drift to another time and another place.

No comments: