Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Monday, December 13, 2010

The Forgotten


I am the forgotten, lost in the dawning day
Found in the serene darkness shared but by few
The web woven by the living in the daylight hours
Strangles me to silence until there is no breath
And the unbearable darkness within my soul
Screams for death.

I am the forgotten, lost in a darkened room
Remembered only in the harsh light of day
The web woven by the dead in the darkest hours
Strangles me to silence until there is no breath
And the unbearable light within my soul
Sobs for death.

cki Aug 20 2010

Please, please do not worry about me.  I have written dark matter before this, but never shared it because it is not where I dwell. For some reason this year, the journey has been out of my hands and I lingered far too long in a rather dark place. This darkness is a part of me, but not who I am. Sorry, I have no other way to explain it.  (As a note of interest, there is another stanza, but I have chosen to omit it for its slightly bleak content.) Please also note that I am still uncomfortable about sharing this, but I had to ask "For what purpose did I write it then?" If it's crap, it's crap. If it means something to someone other than myself, then it wasn't a waste of space.

This is by far the greatest distance I have gone outside of my safe-zone. This being so, I would greatly appreciate you sharing your thoughts. If you are uncomfortable with doing so in the comment box, please do not hesitate to email:  spockgirl.musings@gmail.com.

This is one of those posts that I am thinking of deleting instead of putting out there...

2 comments:

Harvey said...

Personally, I say it's always better to post things you've written.

My theory being that writing them down gets them outside of you and makes room for new things to be created.

Basically the same reason I'm in favor of breathing.

Spockgirl said...

Thanks for commenting on this one Harvey. I've never been one to share my sh-- with anyone at all, so actually posting it on a blog is HUGE for me.

As for breathing... sometimes I forget to do that.