Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Speaking of Illumination...


I remember when I was about 9 or 10 years old, in Grade 4 maybe... there was a small songbook which contained the words and music to some traditional songs and perhaps hymns. The two that I remember are "Alouette" and "Ezekiel Saw the Wheel". I think I liked "Alouette" because it was in French, even though we hadn't learned French yet. I don't know why, but Ezekiel stood out in my mind because when I first read those lines "Ezekial saw the wheel, way up in the middle of the sky", or air, whatever.. all I could think of was that Ezekiel had seen a spaceship. I also recall a book I read in which there was a picture of a stone carving or engraving, either Incan, Mayan or Aztec... can't remember... and thought to myself... astronaut with breathing apparatus... Yeah, I was weird. Of course, I also had a theory about the shifting of the polar axis, but I don't even know if I had the terminology correct. Anyways... it is definitely odd what things I CAN access in my memory... things that stand out for some bizarre reason.

I know that I never took anything at face value, even as a kid...  I knew that most things were about more than just what was on the surface. I think I learned that at a very young age. Growing up reading about things like the Loch Ness Monster or Ogopogo, Sasquatch or Yeti, spacemen or UFOs... they were all cool, whether proven or disproved.  Being introduced to the Shire and Mordor and then finding my way to Atuan or Pern, and then later on reading Byron, Shelley, Keats or Coleridge. To have an affinity for simple Algebra, but be drawn to language and literature... And don't even get me started on music.  Was I well rounded or just a sponge? I may never know.

Time passes and the things that once interested me may not hold the same weight as they once did, but there is still a small part of me that is intrigued, but to a lesser extent.  So the other day, I caught a glimpse of a video shot of an unidentified flying object, although technically not really "flying". I waited a couple days and found this better version posted:
 

So... whether proven or disproved, it is still intriguing, considering. But... perhaps there was just a laser and light show going on over a concert being held at the Temple Mount?  Yeah... that's the ticket. You know like how they drop the ball at Times Square on New Year's Eve? This reminded me of  the premise behind the movie "The Fifth Element" where an ancient alien race travels back to Earth to retrieve sacred stones which are part of a greater weapon to be used against Evil a few hundred years down the road. Looking at this from the sidelines, the saying "Art imitates Life" is in itself very disconcerting, but the flip-side, if you stop to think about it, is even moreso.

This concludes a brief trip into the fringe area of my memory and my mind... or just a simplified grade school version of it...    Scary?


NOTE: Regarding the video, I forgot to say that the "interesting" part isn't until the object descends slowly... is still for a few moments, there is the flash of light... then it goes back up.... if you look carefully you will see some red lights flashing faintly...

No comments: