Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sanctuary....



With all the unrest and war and devastation in the world today, I sometimes think that perhaps I should write something about everything that is going on out there, but I truly feel that my commentary or opinions or feelings on those events would be of no consequence. I wish not to say anything just for the sake of saying something.  I feel that anything that I say must have value, it must have meaning, if not to anyone else, then at least to me. Perhaps that is why I never spoke up much for most of my life. Just as my physical realm is a quiet little corner of the world, so the blog is my sanctuary within that. Here I may say things that have value and meaning  to me, even if they are ridiculously mundane aspects of my ridiculously mundane life, and it does not matter if they are totally inconsequential to the world outside. Believe it or not, I still struggle with the fact that it is acceptable for me to talk about myself and share my thoughts.

Forgive me for this rather useless ramble. It would appear that I am tired at a more reasonable hour.... and I shouldn't write blogposts when I'm tired.  I'll probably look at it tomorrow and wonder what I was thinking.

2 comments:

thormoo said...

I have come to believe that there is a purpose to just about everything...As one of my favorite bands of all time (Zeppelin) used to say: Ramble On...

Spockgirl said...

Thanks T:
I agree about everything having a purpose or reason... I just wish I could find mine.

With all the crap you are going through, let me know if you ever need someone to help you "snap out of it", or just an extra ear.

As for Led Zep... (I wrote that post the other day about the Hermit..) They were a fairly major phase I went through as a teenager, but there's a LOT (really a lot) of different music in my universe. Come to think of it, I'm starting to think that all, or most of my memories will end up revolving around music and food for the most part. (And I can't seem to rememeber the actual life bits.)