Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Monday, April 4, 2011

Numbers


Today's date is April 4, 2011. In numerical terms it is 4 4 4. Not that this has any bearing on anything. It is just the type of thing that I notice because I am aware of numbers. I may not always be aware of the day of the week, but I am aware of numbers. This serves no useful purpose in my existence today, nor at this very moment, but having an affinity for numbers comes in handy every so often.  I know that I have always liked numbers...  even as a kid.  I know I liked Math from a young age. I know I liked Algebra in middle school and high school. Numbers didn't lie. With numbers there was always a solution. If I couldn't solve a problem it was because I was looking at it the wrong way and I had to find another way to see it and solve it.  Hmm... I realize now that this is a good way to deal with most things... perhaps everything.

This mind that has always had an affinity for numbers for some reason went on a tangent in the last year and strayed from that logical path to a place beyond my reckoning. If I had stayed on the original path I wouldn't be in this predicament that I am in. Come to think of it, if I hadn't strayed from that path, I wouldn't be here writing this right now...  sharing also my great fondness for words.

2 comments:

thormoo said...

I've never been much for numbers or mathematics...I usually associate dates with history and that makes sense because I've always been interested in history...

April 4, 1968 Martin Luther King JR was assassinated in Memphis. Funny but it was the first thing that popped into my head this morning when I double checked the date...

Spockgirl said...

T:
I'm still exploring the way my memory works. But, it is rather odd that with my thing for numbers and music, what did not come to my mind was "April 4, shot rings out in a Memphis sky... free at last... they took your life...". It is almost as if certain connectors within my brain are gone.