Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sunfall...


I was not sure that I would be able to explain why it is that I have chosen to share this story and its heartfelt request for assistance, which I found out about whilst reading over at Boston Maggies a couple days ago.  At first I just didn't know what to say, but as I sat here in this quiet stillness once again, I figured out what I needed to say, but didn't know if I wanted to share it. What it boils down to is that I cannot imagine the love that this father has for his son, nor will I ever experience that same love. I cannot imagine the depth of the grief this father feels for the loss of his son's life, nor will I ever experience that same loss.  For whatever reason, somehow, what I am able to feel is, in small part, the burden of sorrow... but I do not know why. I do not have the means to help, so this is all I can do.  For those of you who know me personally, and are familiar with my aversion to touchy, feely, hugginess...  if I could, I would voluntarily give this dad a hug. Please help out if you can.

No comments: