Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Wednesday, May 4, 2011

New Skin


Somehow tonight I got to thinking about another favourite band that has sort of faded from my scope over time... Incubus. I have one of their songs "I Miss You" on the sidebar "just because". That particular song was from the album with another one I liked called "Drive"...  I can't even remember what the name of that album was. Anyways, this is another one of those bands that I never knew anything about, as in their names or what they looked like or ... anything. I had first heard of them a few years before that album, but I'm not sure if it was before or after hearing them on the "Spawn" Soundtrack, which is another favourite of mine. The Anti-Gravity song had caught my attention first, for some bizarre reason... I think it reminded me of something from the 80s I used to listen to.  I know that I have a couple more of their newer CDs as well, but those didn't seem to grab me at all. So earlier this evening I took a listen to their CD "S.C.I.E.N.C.E." and found that once again I had forgotten how much I had liked it, and also how it would appear that some of the song lyrics seem to resonate with my life as it is at this time... such as in "A Certain Shade of Green". 

They had a funky, eclectic, unique sound, even varying from song to song as evidenced by two of my favourites:

New Skin


and
The Anti-Gravity song which is actually called "Summer Romance (The Anti-Gravity Love Song)", of which I found this newer acoustic version online tonight.

No comments: