Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Friday, June 10, 2011

Hot Wheels


I know that my memory has a lot of holes in it, but then I think that perhaps it is more of a threadbare piece of fabric, shredded up, with whole pieces missing as opposed to just holes.  Anyways, the other day I stumbled across this, which was in itself cool, but, of course it brought back a childhood memory. I know that I was sitting on a bed, but I don't remember if I was playing with Barbie and GI Joe or the Cowboy dolls and horses. I am not certain if I was pushed off the bed or if I simply fell, but I do know that my knee cap landed square on one of my brother's Hot Wheels cars. I bear a lumpy type scar on my right knee to this very day. And...  I do believe that I was pushed.

5 comments:

Big Sister said...

You had your Barbies out. GI Joe and his jeep were there too. You were pushed so you hit your big brother with Barbie (not GI Joe - he was built kinda wimpy but he looked a heck of a lot better than pretty-boy Ken)...and your big brother never ever tried to mess with you again. Barbie Power.The End.

Spockgirl said...

Big Sis:
Yeah... I was going to mention a bit more about GI Joe. I liked him better than Ken. GI Joe had real... like nappy kinda hair and the cool jeep. Are you sure that wasn't when I hit him with the horse?

Big Sister said...

No. The West family(dolls) horse incident was a random act of "don't-mess-with-me-E-V-E-R" towards your big brother. Just you making a point. You never said, "I'll tell Mom" to him. You just whacked him. Broke the horse. (Poor horse...one less to saddle up.)Big Brother never teased you again. Horse Power. The End.

Southern Class said...

Thanks Spockgirl:
Kids of all ages enjoyed that record jump. Even we with 70 laps around the sun......

Spockgirl said...

SC:
I couldn't get over that they had re-created the orange track.