Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Sunday, June 19, 2011

It's tough being Barbie...


Ugh.... Having read a comment of Harvey's over at his blog, Bad Example, and clicking on the darn link:

"As the great philosopher Talking Barbie once said, "Math class is tough":

I went and clicked on one of the "next" videos, and I now feel that I must say... Math is easy... Being Barbie is tough.


I know young teenage girls and older women that put themselves through this (but with a smaller palette) and their skin does look flawless, and they do look like dolls. My skin has never been flawless, and I do know what I would have to do to "even out my skin tone", but...  I can't imagine putting all that time and money into something that will just be washed away at the end of the day.

2 comments:

Big Sister said...

Ahem...wouldn't want to be a Barbie. It's bad enough being a Liddle Kiddle...
Remember you were the one out of the rest of your siblings who - despite your protests - had the pink/rosy cheeks and porcelain complexion - that nice healthy glow...rather than looking overly pale ..... like a vampire. (Remember the photos from a couple Halloweens ago? Freaky, right?)

Spockgirl said...

Big Sis:
Ah... How about Skipper with Barbie's head?

I wonder when the last time a vampire's skin would have been exposed to direct sunlight?