Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Sunday, June 26, 2011

Hairy, unwashed loud mouth...


I remember this guy from watching cartoons when I was a kid.  Yosemite Sam was his name. I knew there was a Yosemite park in the States, but living where I do, I don't think the idea of National Parks held a great deal of interest back then. Anyways... yesterday I got this in an email:


This would be a picture from Yosemite National Park, courtesy of T1G, who was probably one tuckered out little boy old man after that wee trek. Totally awesome (and I don't very often say that) pic.

A course, I went looking for some Yosemite Sam vids, and this one just cracked me up.  (Sorry, the picture quality sucks.)

2 comments:

Andrew Phule said...

I'm from the states and whenever I hear about that park, I always think of the cartoon character.

I miss the old cartoons, there's a new Looney Tunes that's out now, and it's good, just not as good.

Spockgirl said...

Andrew:
Revisiting the old cartoons is fun... and funny, especially seeing how much times have changed. Some of what used to be perfectly fine as dialogue when I was a kid is now no longer acceptable.