Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Friday, June 3, 2011

Mounties

Distinctive. Unique. 100% Canadian.


Yes, this is why they are called "Mounties".
No, they don't dress like this every day.
And, yes, in their line of work, 
a sense of humour is appreciated.

 

Curtsy to Edna for the link. She sent the video to me quite a while ago... perhaps even last year, but I hadn't come up with an interesting way to present it, so I finally just decided to make it simple. 

*****


Today I'm adding:
Support those in uniform who keep the peace.


6 comments:

DaveO said...

How cute!

And in seriousness, I remain grateful to the RCMP who traveled to Nawlins after Hurricane Katrina.

Spockgirl said...

Dave:
"How cute!" I s'ppose some of 'em are. (Yeah... I know that's not what you meant.)

Big Sister said...

Cute? Hmmm...

"The Charge" - Magnificent (Excellent pic, beautiful horses)

The Red Serge - Dashing

The Long Browns - Timelessly cool.

Like the recording...

DaveO said...

SG & Big Sis.... uh, yeah. I take it Dudley Dooright has retired?

Spockgirl said...

Dave:
I sort of remember that cartoon dude. Your comment just reminded me of the youngun in the movie "Gunless".

DaveO said...

Gunless? You've mentioned that movie before. A review, I believe...

Cool. I'm a movie quote.