Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Saturday, June 4, 2011

Of guitars and bagpipes...


I have had this song on my mind for a couple months or so, since my last musical memory tour. It was one of my favourites from when I was a teenager and it has held up well, for me at least, over the years. The drums and vocal arrangements coupled with guitars reminiscent of bagpipes form the unique sound of this Scottish band that can still draw me in to this day. 


I know for certain that I would have known the lyrics back then, but looking at them now I see how much more meaning they truly have.

"So take that look out of here, it doesn't fit you.
Because it's happened doesn't mean you've been discarded.
Pull up your head off the floor, come up screaming.
Cry out for everything you ever might have wanted.
I thought that pain and truth were things
    that really mattered
But you can't stay here with
    every single hope you had shattered."

Wow... just wow. I know the song swept me away when I first heard it ... almost 27 years ago, but tonight, the words just blew me away.

No comments: