Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Willpower...


I can tell right now that this is going to be a little bit of a departure from what I normally write here. I'll just say that the sudden appearance of the sun has addled my brain just a tad.

Yesterday I wrote "Summer's coming?" So this morning when I peeked through the bedroom window curtain... lo and behold... a beautiful sunny day. It felt cold in the house, as it usually does, so I donned jeans, top, hoodie and leather jacket for my foray outside. Wow... didn't need the hoodie or the jacket, and needless to say, I am glad that I wore flip-flops instead of my leather boots.

Anyways, as I was walking down the sidewalk, I was trying to decide whether or not I should buy a chocolate bar at the cornerstore... As I approached... I saw a hottie in sunglasses sitting in the passenger side of a truck. I glanced in the store and noticed another hottie standing at the counter. Normally that would be two reasons to go in ... a chocolate bar being the top priority and eye-candy being the next. However... I exerted considerable willpower and resisted the temptation for both. Ah... I must admit, Summer = hot days = increased chance of forest fires = influx of out of town forestry/firefighters in the area = eye-candy.

However... I caved... on my way back home later, I did go in and buy a Reese's Peanut Butter cup and a beef samosa. Food always wins.

2 comments:

thormoo said...

Hotties and chocolate...the ultimate conclusion= Food ALWAYS wins! Amen sister!

Spockgirl said...

Thanks T! Your comment made me smile... big time.