Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Friday, July 1, 2011

"I thought you were...."


Well... After your basic nothing, crap filled week (not literally), seven little words made it all better...

I had a great chat with two older fellows, one from Washington State and the other from Minnesota. The gentleman from Washington has been married for fifty years and his wife's birthday is tomorrow. He did not yet know what he was going to get her for her birthday. Hmm... I had a chuckle about that.  Anyways... that was only a small part of the conversation.  The aforementioned seven words  were from the other fellow, after talking a little about the weather, this town, the surrounding area, what I used to do and how long I had been working at that one job, he said ... "Were you three when you started?" and then... "I thought you were in your twenties." I was actually grinning when I said "Thank you... you just made my day!" ... and I'm still smiling about it.

No comments: