Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Sunday, July 17, 2011

Inflation...


Walked up to the smalltown version of a fairgrounds today. It was cloudy and a little breezy, so I had my jacket, jeans and boots on, but realized five minutes into the walk that it was not at all chilly... It was lukewarm with a sploosh of mugginess that just about did me in. Got there and eyed the horizon for the food concession stands wondering if the mini-donut dude would be there. The stand was there, but not the same dude. I find that it is worth the trek just to have the pleasure of eating the tiny morsels of sugar-coated sweetness. Only thing is that the 8 pieces was... $3.00! The bag of 14 was ... $5! To me anyways, it seemed a lot, but I had to, just had to... so I got the small bag... Oh... damn... good. I also went to check out the derby pit, chatted with a friend and her mom. Caught the two car mini-stock intermission entertainment and left before the demolition derby was to start. I figured I could walk back up and catch the tail end...

So... I walked back up around 4:30, and ran into my friend's mom heading home. I had missed the finals of the final event, but walked up there anyways as the midway was still up and running. My friend's daughter was still on the rides, and then she was was on to the dreaded games. Expensive. The prizes looked like crap. Even more crappy than the stuff I remember as a kid. But still the same game.  Oh... and I was lured by the call of the french fries... but I resisted their $5.00 for a small call. Now that I think about it, it probably would have been worth it.

Almost four miles of walking for a $3.00 bag of mini-donuts and a couple chats. Hmm... I think I should have paid the $5.00 for the 14.  (OMG... I just went agoogling for a picture of them to post...  aghhhh....)

Update at midnight: I wasn't going to post the photo I found, but I can't stop thinking about them, so here's the pic:


Oh, and just on a whim, I went to the website where the photo was posted and there was a recipe, here.

3 comments:

DaveO said...

Some things are worth it. Your days was replete with sunshine, warmth, friends out and about, and mini-dodos with picture :)

DaveO said...

Doughnuts on the brain. My scale dislikes you. First hot dogs, now dodos.

Spockgirl said...

Dave:
Ah... donuts on the brain... glad I shared them.

Also... fries with ketchup. (I don't usually use ketchup, but it looks damn good on sizzling hot fresh fries.)

Oh... does your scale want you to try out that donut recipe? I'd like to know how that turns out.