Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Friday, July 22, 2011

Random Friday things...


Went to the cornerstore earlier today and the woman asked if I hadn't slept much last night. Hmm... I must have looked pretty bad... 

Honestly... I was in bed just after 11pm... Lights out before midnight.  I tried, I really tried... 12:02, 2:03, 2:41 ... sleep would not come. Maybe it visited somewhere between 12:02 and 2:03, but I cannot be certain. So at some point shortly after 2:41am, I flipped the lights on and zipped up a blogpost. I may have even sent someone an email, but I can't remember. I thought looking at the screen would make me more tired, more willing to sleep, but no. I turned the lights off and soon daylight crept through the window. By 5:27 I was tempted to just get up and do some chores, but that prospect appealed to me even less, less than the emotional crapfest that took place inside my head as I had been laying there trying to reason myself to sleep.  Finally it came for a blissful couple hours, but.. as I have so many times in the past, woke up feeling more tired than I had when my head first hit the pillow. It would seem that sleep and me were just not meant to be once again.  At least I do know that I had slept well enough to dream.

*****

I made myself a grilled cheddar and tuna sandwich on whole grain bread, and thoroughly enjoyed the comforty goodness of it with some Campbell's Tomato Soup to which I had added hot pepper flakes and ground pepper with melted cheddar cheese for gooeyness. It was like drinking smoking hot liquid cheddar.

*****

My nephew stopped by and needed something to occupy his time, so I gave him a couple bucks and asked him to get me this:


After closing up shop, decided to make the trek up to the grocery store with the nephew, and picked up stuff I needed plus a couple things that I didn't, like this:


I know it says "Damn Hot" on the label, but really it's not. But it is damn good.

For some reason my fridge now seems to be less empty than it was this morning, and I seem to be a little full.

No comments: