Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Saturday, July 9, 2011

Some soldiers' moms...


So, lately, I haven't had much of any substance to write about here. Since I started the blog last year, there are many things that I have written that I didn't think I could share, or would. My journey actually started with this military dude, but went on a number of tangents. It is funny what can happen when you start clicking "next blog" as one would on a tv remote. It is almost as though reading what other people had to say and stepping outside myself to respond in comments, was like opening windows to let the air out, which lead to considerably more here.

One of the first blogs that I came across in my bloghopping journey was Some Soldier's Mom. I haven't been over there in a while, but for some reason today, I clicked the link on my sidebar and found her post regarding Soldiers' Angels Project Valout IT. You might have noticed that I have links to this very worthy and valuable cause up top and to the right. Anyways... I had heard about this project last year and offered my support from the sidelines of life, on my blog. Her support and involvement comes from home and heart, and as such, she explains it much better than I ever could.  Please do pop over there and read.

Now I have used the term "the man himself", a couple times in reference to Project Valour IT and have linked to his blog for his most personal involvement and experience. I can man up and say that yes... some blogs written by some military dudes have managed to bring a tear to my eye, but today...  I had to add that his mom made me cry too.  In the time that I have been blogging I have apparently turned all soft and mushy. Please do read the links. There are five days left in this fundraiser, and I'm not really a pushy person, but ... please offer your support and donate now.


No comments: