Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sunset...



Sunsets here are very much like sunrises.... from the first ray of light peeking out above the mountains in the East to the last ray of light struggling to hold on before it slips behind the mountains in the West.

"Sunset to me is the time of quiet reflection... the time to exhale... the time to shed cares and worries, to let them wash away with the fading light of day. It is the time to breathe in the possibility of dreams ahead and not be weighted down by those that may not come."  (From Sunrise or Sunset.)

I don't quite know what it is in particular, but I think that Sunrise signifies the beginning of a battle, whereas Sunset indicates that I have made it through another day. It is funny then that although sunset signals the ending, it is the time when I feel a whisper of the breath of life. It is the time of quiet passing, leading to that elusive dream of rest and sleep. To sleep, to dream, to die, as quietly as I lived.

The song Narrow Daylight came to mind as I was trying to figure out what exactly I wanted to say and where my mind was at. I have mentioned it before.

(Apologies as the audio quality on the link I found sucks.)

No comments: