Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Wednesday, August 31, 2011

1,000 miles


I have had a song drifting around my head for a while now, so I went agoogling for it tonight. For some reason I thought the distance mentioned was 1,000 miles... but turns out it was only 500...  It was this one by the Proclaimers. I guess I'm having trouble with numbers in general, as I also thought that the song was from maybe ten years ago or so. Hard to believe it has been over twenty.

Normally I would have some sort of segue or backstory into the song that I was thinking about, but in this case, I got a little side-tracked by something that I noticed on the sidebar and clicked on, which was just... so much...  not better... but ... evil...  Enjoy. (Ah... yes... you do have to listen to whole thing.)

2 comments:

DaveO said...

It was a 1,000 miles - there and back again. A Hobbit's Tale.

Spockgirl said...

D:
Ah... yes... see in my head when thinking about the song I remembered the word "thousand". Not surprisingly, "There and back again" was sort of at the back of my mind and would have been a great title, but not quite why the song came to mind.