Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Monday, August 22, 2011

Can't You Trip Like I Do...


I'm quite sure I mentioned the Spawn movie soundtrack as a favourite before, here on the blog, and that I have written a bit about the way my memory works (or doesn't). It is a little strange that I have a specific memory of the first time I heard the CD as being on the way to a Metallica concert, or so I thought. I know I still have the concert ticket stub somewhere, but I have no idea where it would be now. I know that I have only seen them in concert twice, and I thought that it was in 1992 or 1994 and then 1997. According to what I found online, the soundtrack was released in July 1997, but the concert was May 23 of that year. So... I don't know... The times that I do have an actual vivid memory, you figure it should be correct. Maybe the soundtrack was released a few months earlier in Canada ... who knows.

Anyways, I distinctly remember who I was with and the first track cranked up...

also liking the entire CD, and ... our joint puzzled reaction to this particular song.

It doesn't seem like it has been so long (fourteen years!!!) since I first heard it, but I suppose that might have something to do with my lost decade. Tonight the song that hit me was "No Remorse (I Wanna Die)"


Funny thing is that percussion came up in conversation earlier today and that I actually have had a video link sitting in a draft for a while now... waiting for me to come up with the words to accompany it. I figure that I can't just keep using the word "cool" all the time. When I have mentinoed lately that I have been struggling with thoughts and words and writing, I can say that the clear indication of this is the fact that I do not have any more written drafts waiting to be edited, tweaked or posted, and it has been this way for a little while now. I just got to the point where I felt like giving up ... on ...  not just the blog... but ... everything. Now I'm wonderinig if I've lost my mind in addition to losing myself... or ... if it is just all the original thoughts and words that have fallen by the wayside.

No comments: