Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Friday, August 5, 2011

An explosion will do....


The other day in conversation I mentioned my lack of motivation and said something akin to "I need a kick in the ass." Well... what can I say...  An explosion would work just as well. It's a start anyways.

Tonight I had put the kettle on to boil some water for my dinner... instant oatmeal. I admit the water level was a little lower than usual, but I wasn't quite expecting the thing to explode. The lid flying off had enough kick to knock a fair bit of the oatmeal out of the bowl sitting nearby onto the stove and to the floor, thus providing the necessary motivation to do some impromptu cleaning.

This sort of makes me wonder what kind of swift kick I'll need and likewise receive in order to get my life going.

2 comments:

Harvey said...

1 swift kick, coming up:

http://abstrusegoose.com/385

Spockgirl said...

Harvey:
That pretty much explains what goes on inside my head.

Thank you for the attempt. It kind of reminds me of the Lucy, Charlie Brown and football scenario.