Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Live from Insomnia...


Hmm...  This is the first time that I am writing "live", whilst in the midst of not being able to fall asleep.

Lights were off before 3am. I hadn't fallen asleep yet by 3:40, but somewhere between 3:40 and 4:49 I know that I did, because I had a very brief dream that was headed towards nightmare territory, but I woke up before it could get that far. Now I do seem to be tired, and I want to sleep, however at the same time I feel as though I very calmly want to jump out of my skin. Of course it doesn't help that today is garbage day and that if I do go back to bed and somehow manage to fall asleep, I won't wake up in time to put the garbage out. One might wonder why it is that I just don't put it out the night before, or right now, and the reason is that there have been bear warnings. It is best not to leave garbage cans out in case some errant garbage dump bear or starving Yogi Bear or Boo Boo saunters by to take a gander. I heed this wise advice, even though I don't have any tasty food scraps in the garbage.


I have had personal encounters with bears twice now in my life, both of which are quite humourous, but at this time I lack sufficient mental energy with which to relate these stories with full effect.

As I sit here, after having gone agoogling to find the appropriate image, I find myself looking at it and wondering if perhaps I ate something out of the ordinary that would have caused me to be in such a state, as it has been over a year now since I have been even remotely close to this level of sleep inability. I can think of nothing in particular, and in fact, I am rather hungry. Hmm...

I can only imagine that I have reached this unrestful level due to the excitement caused by the fact that last week I missed putting the garbage can out in time. Oh... what a life I lead...  

And now my stomach is gurgling talking to me.

4 comments:

DaveO said...

No bears here, but plenty of coyote. Had to move the cans to the interior of the fence, where the wolfhound pup can dump them under the auspices of his conniving aussie mentor.

What prompted the move was an 0500 alert by said aussie, who chased off the coyote (to the boundary of the fence anyway). Wolfhound pup helped by barking "Come back, chewtoy!"

KrippledWarrior said...

your writing style is so polished and perfected that despite the fact your questions are quite rhetorical, I find myself want to answer them. Or at least attempt an answer. And it does raise some questions. Is your insomnia caused by fear of the dreams? Is that question answered in a previous blog post?

Spockgirl said...

D:
The bears I encountered were on the other side of town where I used to live several years ago. As I recall there was talk of coyotes as well, those having been culprits in killing local cats. Wildlife here has to head down from the mountains and cross a river to get into town.

Spockgirl said...

KW:
Hmm... I never considered my writing style to be polished and perfected... thank you. As for my insomnia, no, not a fear of the dreams. Dreams would be welcome, as they would be an indication that I am getting enough sleep in order to dream. Last night, or this morning's "episode", was highly unusual compared to just not being able to sleep. Not sure exactly all that I have addressed on the blog regarding the not sleeping issue, but I know that I have analyzed it all to death in my head.