Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Monday, August 22, 2011

My Own Summer...


It didn't look like summer today with the skies, heavy, overcast, gray... and raining. But I suppose after five days of sun (I think) we needed a drink. I went out earlier to run a couple errands, dressed accordingly with jeans, hoodie, jacket, boots and baseball cap. By the time I was heading back, I realized the folly of the choice of clothes as my body was slightly overheated from wearing all that walking around, then being inside a warm store and out into the mild, but muggy day... with the added bonus of rain soaked leather jacket and jeans...  So a block later, I stopped to take off the jacket and hoodie. I'm surprised that there wasn't steam coming off my body. I thought to myself that there's nothing quite like the rain on bare skin. I know... sunshine on your shoulders is quite enjoyable, but today I was thankful for the rain.

Nearing home, I just happened to look up and was stopped dead in my tracks by the vision of the Smoke Tree at the corner. This is one beautiful tree, fall, winter and in-between.


I was chuckling to myself standing there taking a picture in the pouring rain, whilst at the same time thinking of some of the terms for the rapid and sudden increase of body temperature... known as a hot flash...  I prefer power surge and ... my own private summer.  Of course, that then brought to mind a Deftones song... I ... loved this song.... and ... I still do.


No comments: