Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Sunday, August 7, 2011

Not gonna live forever...


Earlier today at some point in the midst of a conversation I said "Not gonna live forever...", and then this song by Queen drifted back from the not too distant depths of my memory.

Who wants to live forever anyways...

When I went looking for the song, I was bombarded by a bunch of others that I knew. Listened to a few, but "These are the Days of Our Lives" seemed to resonate at this time.

".... these are the days of our lives
They've flown in the swiftness of time
These days are all gone now but some things remain
When I look and I find no change."

What I just found out tonight is that it was the last video that the band shot while Freddie Mercury was still alive.

So yes... death... life... mortality... have accompanied my thoughts particularly much so in the past year and it would seem that my journey here has  brought me to face their question... live, change or die unlived and unchanged. 

No comments: