Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Wednesday, August 17, 2011

When I grow up...


The other day I happened to link over to a miscellaneous information website, and I noticed that there was one of those online career choice/aptitude tests. I remember doing one of them ages (a couple decades) ago, and I think at the time my results were police officer or lawyer. Well... this time? Life has changed, but still...

Fire Investigator?
"Conduct investigations to determine causes of fires and explosions."  Hmm... However, I also noticed that this was only a 27% per cent average match based on the almost 250 questions that were asked. So... yes... I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. I suppose there wouldn't be a match for a math-minded, logic-based, independent thinker/philospher-typist with a penchant for cooking and gardening.

6 comments:

DaveO said...

Would you please post the URL for the career choice/aptitude tests?

Shhhh! I'm hunting caweers! Heheheheh

Apparently "Explosive Landscaping" (a literal translation of my military experience) and "Snarktastic" aren't a winning combination.

Spockgirl said...

D:
When I mentioned "miscellaneous information website"... I wasn't kidding. I'll email you if I can find it again.

Speaking of "Snarktastic", how about Cryptozoologist? Although not a lucrative career choice and that which might prove unrewarding. Heh.

DaveO said...

How much does it pay?

Spockgirl said...

D:
It's a mystery.

KrippledWarrior said...

How about crypto-paleontologist.

Spockgirl said...

KW:
I wonder if either actually exists.