Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Friday, September 30, 2011

Bee hold...



Frantic bees rush round
Summer‘s last sweet flower flush
Before drowning dusk

ckiSep2009



I noticed the other day that the two lavender bushes in the back had their second growth of the season, which is rare for me. Yesterday was beautiful and sunny, but today was on and off, with rather gusty winds whooshing the clouds through. Since the rain is going to be coming soon, I figured I had better cut them back once more, and whilst out there, saw a rather fat, fuzzy bee clinging tightly to one of the lavender heads. It totally ignored me as I snipped away, and after a few minutes, I went inside to grab the cell phone so that I could take a few pictures. I got back and it hadn't moved an inch. The wind was blowing the stems around, so the pictures wouldn't come out clear enough, and in addition to that, for a few moments, I thought that the bee was dead, and not just ignoring me..  with no movement at all, but then there was...

I had to hold the stem so it wouldn't move in the wind.
Didn't seem to mind...
... at all...

No frantic bee was this.

No comments: