Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Did you ever wonder....

what happened to all the other airplane flights on September 11, 2001? The ones that were not allowed to land in the U.S. because of what took place on that day? I hadn't, but somehow at some point this year, I read about something called Operation Yellow Ribbon. Today I googled it and found some official information at Nav Canada and some personal stories and links here. I hadn't planned on writing anything about it, until I saw a video today that posed the question "Did you ever wonder what happened to the people stranded in Manhattan in the midst of the chaos on that day?


YouTubeLink. (Views 696,609)

From Noahware.

2 comments:

thormoo said...

There is a great book about this that I read some years ago called: "The Day The World Came To Town: 9/11 in Gander, Newfoundland" by Jim DeFede. I highly recommend it, a very good read and honestly i felt better about the Human race in general when I read how the people of this faraway town embraced these travellers from all over the world, including people who lost folks on 9/11...thanks for reminding us of this.

Spockgirl said...

T:
Yes, there is still some hope for humanity.