Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Friday, September 23, 2011

A Crunchie bar and Cheese Puffs...



Sun-kissed dawn awakes
From slumbering chill, partakes
Fall‘s glorious feast

ckiSep2009


Last night and into the wee small hours of the morning I was cold. I am quite certain I slept at some point, as I do recall having dreams, all of which are now a jumble. At some point before I went to bed I went and looked back in my stash of not-quite-haiku from a couple years ago and shared one that seemed to hint of possibility. Well... little did I know... 

I was getting ready to head out earlier today, putting boots on, grabbed my jacket and hoodie, opened the door and... bam, smack, whoosh...I came back inside and closed the door. Damn... it was HOT! and muggy... Could not believe it, considering how cold it had been... I had been. Needless to say, I switched out of the boots to flip-flops and did not take the hoodie or jacket. Ran a couple errands and by the time I got half way across town... I was... how shall I put this... wilting.  On the way home, stopped at the corner store to grab a Crunchie bar and bag of Cheese Puffs for lunch and/or dinner. At the last minute, I decided to splurge on a lottery ticket... just because, well, it seemed the order of the day. That being said however, I may be foolishly serious in my hopes of winning the lottery, but  I'm not holding my breath for customers to come in the shop, otherwise I'll be dead by the time six o'clock rolls around.

Anyways, what I didn't know, or perhaps realize, until I got home, is that today is the first day of Fall. I went back into the stash and found the perfect not-quite-haiku for today.

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

The humidity is crazy! Looks like another day of it and then a rainy week ahead. Happy Fall!

Spockgirl said...

J:
We had an amazing run of Summer in September. Yesterday was the first time this year that the humidity hit me hard. Clear blue skies today... hope it lasts longer than the weatherman predicted.

Haven't seen you in ages... have to get down there soon to check out your new stuff.