Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Friday, September 9, 2011

A Few Good Things... Ice Cream



Further to me drooling over the Reese's Peanut Butter Ice Cream Bar, let's just say that I have had food on the brain lately, and even now, as I write this. In particular, ice cream, a hamburger with fries and ice cream, bacon, pork sausages, roast chicken, and pizza.  The other day a rustic apple tart came to mind as well as pumpkin pie with whipped cream. Needless to say, I have just managed to make myself hungry at 1AM, but... I just brushed my teeth, so there will be no eating now. Nor for that matter do I have any of those food items in the house.

Oh, I think I got a little sidetracked just now. I was supposed to be writing about ice cream.

Breyer's Classics Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream with Nescafe Rich French Vanilla Instant Coffee crystals sprinkled on top. Not really my absolute favourite ice cream flavour, but it is a "go to" choice, and in this case, you get three flavours in one... the mint... the chocolate... and the added bonus... coffee.

Nestle Rolo Sundae Cups. Pretty good, but too darn sweet once you get near the bottom of the cup. And the "spoon" that comes with the cup is a tad too small, which I suppose is a good thing such that you cannot reach the too sweet portion at the bottom.  Not really a fan of Rolo... would rather have a Caramilk, but still... had to try this out.

Oh... another tasty treat which never fails is the Klondike Ice Cream Sandwich which is simplicity at its finest. A very thick layer of vanilla ice cream nestled between soft, not crumbly, chocolate wafers. Yum. You would figure me more for a chocolate ice cream purist, but I have found that the blending of chocolate and vanilla by way of  two different textures seems to have the same, if not sometimes greater appeal.

One flavour of ice cream that I found surpassed chocolate a few years ago, but which I have not partaken of in a couple years is Espresso Flake. I don't remember which company made it, but it was absolutely delicious.  I suppose a Mocha Moo Latte from Dairy Queen would work well in its place. I haven't had one of those in a long while either. Come to think of it, I haven't even had plain chocolate ice cream in a few years.... or an old-fashioned chocolate milkshake, made with real chocolate ice cream...

Sigh.

2 comments:

DaveO said...

I love ice cream sammies. Now on grocery list! TY!

Spockgirl said...

D:
Ice Cream Sandwiches are excellent indeed, but you have to try the Reese's Peanut Butter Ice Cream Bar that I mentioned... (not the one on a stick)