Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Saturday, September 17, 2011

The hardest part...

is not knowing. It is the uncertainty. It is the conflict that arises when what you know and what you do not know rub against each other. These things ebb and flow until at some point enough momentum builds such that they come crashing together.

Logic... clean, simple, unwavering, like a rock cliff face. Emotions.. the calm ocean, the tides ebbing and flowing, the waves crashing against that rock cliff face. The ocean waves nibble away at the rock, wear it down, erode the surface.

It is cold and quiet, gray and dreary. My ever faithful companion can provide no warmth or comfort today.

I have examined Logic and Emotion before, maybe once or twice, but my own thoughts offer me no insight nor guidance at this time.

I am drowning.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you been reading my Diary Spockgirl? Seriously, you've put some words to emotions I've been having all 2011. Although the way you put it, I'm not sure if I'm the ocean or the eroding rock.

I recently told a friend I felt like I was drowning in Jello. I can see several possibilities in front of me. I can see my past behind me, but I can't move. And when I try to move, it muddles everything up. What does my friend say to this? My friend wanted to know what flavor.

So I pose this question to the woman who's inside my emotions.... what flavor jello are you drowning in?

My flavor is Black Cherry.

Spockgirl said...

K:
I think there are a lot of people in the same boat right now, so to speak. Tough times. Rough seas. All that kind of crap.

I would say that I'm more likely in plain old water, but if I were stuck in Jello, it would probably be lemon. You can see through it and it is a bright, happy colour that I wouldn't want to be caught dead in.

Oh... not sure if you noticed that someone smiled on this post as well? But that person, whoever it is, knows that I know why.