Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Saturday, September 17, 2011

I might have been mistaken...


A little while back I mentioned that there did not appear to be any new growth on the Peace Rose bush this year. I left it at that, and just let things go in that small section of garden. When I went to cut back some of the grape vines that had run amok, I realized that I was wrong, finding two tiny buds forming in the greenery. Anyways... I  suppose I was rather neglectful after that as well, and had not been back there much at all, until last weekend, being surprised by this:


Then the other day on my way out the door, it was raining for the first time in a couple weeks, so I figured I would take the garden chairs to the basement, but was distracted by this: 


"I might have been mistaken." 

nb: The apt title for this post is also a rather memorable line, to me anyways, spoken by the raspy voice of Michael Wincott as Rochefort, as he lay dying after being bested by the young D'Artagnan in the 1993 fun, rompy version of The Three Musketeers. I haven't watched it in ages, and it is one of the movies that I have on VHS, not DVD, but the delivery of that line has stuck in my mind all these years.


No comments: