Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Monday, September 19, 2011

Priest and Your Highness...

My not quite Movie Reviews:


I watched this and another movie a couple weeks ago, so with the way my memory works, I can only do a very brief synopsis.

Matrix Motorcycle riding Mad Max I am Legend Vampire hunter (Paul Bettany) battles mutant offspring (a hot Karl Urban vampire cowboy) of Alien-VampirebatQueen among others. Included are cool rides and weapons, a Fellowship of the Ring Troll-like guard dog creature, Van Helsing vampire sacs,  Christopher Plummer (Van Helsing in Dracula 2000) in a perfectly suited role, Maggie Q (Live Free or Die Hard) kicking ass, and a blue eyed hottie sheriff (I can't remember the actor's name.)... and of course a niece/daughter/girlfriend damsel in distress.

The other one I watched on the same night was "Your Highness", which I actually wrote a few notes on.


Campy, raunchy, hilarious... 

"Prepare thyself for one twisted tale..."  I admit... I burst out laughing a few times before the opening credits were finished.

Some lines that I made note of:

"How can people so little run so fast..."

"Rather stay here with my blade and f*** things up."

"I can’t do it... I can’t do it... It’s so mean."

"Now shut up... or I’ll love you less."

"Look at yourself. Why would anyone ever want to be with you?” "Hmm... I’m not sure really... Oh .. yeah... perhaps because I’m rich, I live in a castle and I can do magic."

***
Yeah... I mentioned in the previous post that I wasn't planning on doing a post tonight (or this morning if one is being picky), but since I was awake and have a slightly unsettled stomach, I figured what the heck.

2 comments:

Harvey said...

"Your Highness" now added to my Netflix cue.

Thanks for the tip.

Spockgirl said...

H:
I thought it was pretty damn funny. Sometimes silly stupid, but funny nonetheless. Hope you like it.