Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Friday, October 14, 2011

Virtual hugs... me?


Over the past year, and since I wrote about my opinion on hugs, I may have softened a wee bit on the subject. I've written about being lost, cold, empty, broken and fractured, as well as on the matter of becoming human. There was a song I posted several months ago that reminded me of someone, and in the trend towards softening up and being human, I will admit that tonight, I am sending a virtual hug his way. I don't believe he has been over here for a while, but he will know the reason for this.

On a recent foray into his old blog, I came across a little bit which made me smile:

"I used to have dreams as a youngster, where I could see almost all of our farm from a birdseye view. Had it for years, and then told my ma about it. Come to find out, when I was three, I climbed the silo all the way to the top, and stood in the little crow's nest checkin' the place out. About the time my dad started to climb up, I decided it was time to come down, so I made my way, yelling at my father to "get out of the way, Daddy, I'm coming down!" When I reached arms' level, I was yanked off of the silo, and my little bottom blistered. I never had a problem remembering the spankin', but I did forget what had brought it on!"

His most recent post can be read here.

*****

Hmm... I am also sending virtual hugs out to the family of another young man I didn't know and never met, but whom I had written about last year a couple times after coming across his sister's blog journal of his battle with cancer. For whatever reason, I remember he passed away the day after Christmas and that it was his birthday today.

No comments: