Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Monday, November 21, 2011

Back in the saddle again...

(No... not really, but sort of.)

I went to bed sometime between 2:30 and 3. Not sure how long it took to fall asleep, but when I woke up and checked the time, it was 6:08. It was still dark out, and cold, so I fully intended on going back to bed. I had previously entertained the idea of going swimming for the first time in several months and had spoken of this with nephew last week. After partiallly getting up and reaching over to check the time on the cell phone, I snuggled back under the covers and... five minutes later, the phone rang. 6:13AM... Monday morning. I told him I had only had a couple hours of sleep, I didn't think I could make it. The sound on the other end was of quiet resignation and disappointment, so I caved. Got washed up and ready. It was cold outside. Got to the pool and damn the water was cold. Did a couple lengths and retired to the kiddie pool, knowing it would be warmer, and taking into consideration that if I went into the hot tub, I probably wouldn't want to get out and back into the big pool. I heard someone say, as I was traversing the hazards of the wave pool (that would be... none) that it had started snowing. Hmmm...  I did end up doing a few more laps, but not much. I am sooooo out of shape.   All in all, I ended up only doing 15 lengths. But it was still something. Surprisingly though, it wasn't that much of an effort to drag my ass out of bed this morning. I think it was knowing the reward of the hot tub awaited, and the distinct possibility of going to McDonalds afterwards.

Mmm... Sausage McMuffin, Hashbrown, Cappucino and a Bran Muffin with butter. The snow was still falling and I was still hungry, but... I was warm and it was good.

(As I sit here typing, I can almost taste the orange juice that I didn't have. Oh, how I miss it.)


No comments: