Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Monday, November 7, 2011

Contemplating destroying the universe...


When trying to take the top off a bottle of paracetamol, you may find yourself contemplating destroying the universe. Take your time over getting where you're going today. You're only going to have shitty things happen when you get there.

Isn't that just the way...

So, this brings up an interesting observation regarding the strange way my brain works. I remember the first time I heard the word "Paracetamol", was when I heard a song by the Brit band, Bush. I specifically remember looking it up and finding out that its equivalent in Canada is Acetaminophen = Tylenol. As my memory was jostled on this tidbit today, I then went looking for some of their songs online. Not that I had forgotten them, but that they had sort of simply been sent to a cupboard in my head. Well... some cool songs there were. So then it came back to me that I actually saw them in concert. I don't remember much of anything about it except that the guy I took with me didn't know anything about them. However, he heard one song and knew instantly that he had heard it before... somewhere... It was a commonly played tune at Canucks games. Go figure. (I don't recall which song it was, nor if it was just played before televised games or live ones.)

Another song of theirs on the CD Sixteen Stone, was also on a great soundtrack to the movie, Tank Girl, a rather cheesy, yet quirky comic book adaptation.  I had sort of forgotten how much I liked that soundtrack. Yeah, I prefer soundtrack over movie, but for some reason, I have the movie on VHS and DVD. Why? I have no clue.

Anyways, the song that caught my ear today (and probably way back when) was Machinehead.

Better quality link that I couldn't embed.

They also did an album of remixes with a techno twist (which of course I liked), of which the one that stands out is Mouth.

So that was what came out of one word in a wacky horoscope.


No comments: