Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Friday, November 25, 2011

Wimpme


I heard it from the other room. The gentle slide and soft splat of papers and other miscellany falling to the kitchen floor. For a moment I wondered what it was, but then I knew. I had walked past it the other day and had thought to myself that it might slide off. I had straightened the basket of paid bills and whatnot sitting on the top of the stepping stool and had thought it should be fine. I came back into the kitchen and it was as I had imagined... everything had spilled out onto the floor. You figure I might swear or lightly curse or be upset... but nothing. I slid to the floor just as the papers did. I slowly collected them and put them back in their place, checking and rechecking to make sure it wouldn't fall again. As I write this, I feel limp. I have gone into wet noodle mode.  I am reminded of a line from the movie "Moonstruck" in which the main character, played by Cher, emphatically states to Nicolas Cage, "Snap out of it!".  Would that it were that easy. Like I said... wet noodle.


No comments: