Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Thursday, January 5, 2012

All the things I wasn't...


I had gone upstairs to look for the photos that I had stored up there... somewhere... No luck with that. One thing I realized though, is that I have a lot of ... luggage... I was going to say "baggage" just to be funny, but decided not to. It is rather odd, if you think about it, considering that I only went on two vacations in twenty two years of working at my old job. I guess maybe I thought I might go somewhere else at some point. Never did. Anyways, in my quest up there, I came across another box of "getting rid of" CDs and VHS tapes, as well as another bag of sci-fi/fantasy books, and

and

I brought a couple things down with me, including a CD by a B.C. band called "The Grapes of Wrath", and one by Stevie Ray Vaughan. (Other than a couple Hendrix covers he did, this was the only song that I recalled.) Anyways, took a listen to both and went looking for some links. As far as I can tell this band had one hit song, which is the only one I can remember. Great song... pretty good video too. Once again, another song coming back into my life that seems to suit me well right now.


YouTubeLink.

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

Stevie Ray was an amazing guitarist. Between him and Hendrix ~ perfection!

Spockgirl said...

J:
Funny that I never really noticed how many CDs I have of just guitarists, in all different genres of music. I think I was amazed at their nimble and dexterous fingers.