Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A casualty...


I was bringing them down one by one. I was being careful. But something didn't feel right on this one. My fingers were on it, ready... there was a barely audible click... I closed my eyes... one one thousand... two one thousand... and bam...


I don't know why I closed my eyes... I've never done that before. Hoping that maybe it wouldn't smash when it hit the floor? Or... just waiting for the inevitable... the crashing to the floor itself. The next thing I thought was "I wonder which one it was.". I gingerly picked it up and flipped it over to find... it was...


A little while later I was walking upstairs to put Christmas in storage and ... bam... No... I didn't fall...  There was an overwhelming sense of sadness and ...  tears. WTH? I guess the ornament isn't the only thing that's irreparably broken. 

No comments: