Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Monday, January 16, 2012

I must have been sleeping...


I was showered and in bed before 10pm tonight. Very, very rare occurrence that be. Lights off before 11. I must have slept, but it sure as heck doesn't feel like it. I say I must have slept because I was dreaming. I know I checked the time on the cellphone a couple times, the latest one being 2:16. Strange dream or dreams... not sure exactly what was going on, as it seems to be in snapshots, or vignettes even. The main part was going into a room in a house that I had never been in or seen, but knowing that I had been in that room before. Knowing it to be haunted by some presence and going into that room with a friend to look for something, despite serious misgivings and a heavy feeling. Looking in a box of some sort and then having something try to pull the box away, and tugging back and forth with it. Then a young man with dark brown hair appeared and started asking questions in a very polite, casual and pleasant manner. There wasn't much to the conversation as the dreams kept switching to other things. Anyways, I remember that he wanted to know my name and he told me his... the only reason he had appeared is because he thought me to be Japanese. His name was Paul and his last name started with a K I think. He had died sometime just near the end of the war or after. And that was it for that "vignette". One of the others involved me cooking steak on a huge, huge cooktop of some sort, but the steaks weren't cooking at all... and another was me, but not me, as some little kid in the past, in a house I didn't recognize, going to the door to see as someone was coming home on a cold winter evening with many trout or some other kind of little fishes.

So that was my latest attempt at going to bed early and at a much more decent, normal hour. Oh... and now... of course... what else, but I'm hungry.

No comments: