Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Sunday, January 15, 2012

My snowboots almost killed me...



By Saturday morning 8:30AM, it was still snowing (had started sometime before 1AM) and by 9:30 it was coming down like mad... I went out to shovel and was out there for an hour and a half. It was beyond snowman snow... it was almost good enough for igloo snowblocks. Would push it a foot and there would be a huge brick on the shovel... I was worried that this newest one would break too, so I was very careful... also being careful not to swivel my back, in order to avoid last year's agony. As I was shovelling away down the sidewalk, I heard a huge thunderous cracking sound and looked up to see a huge limb, not just a branch, falling from one of the very very tall evergreens in the churchyard across the street.  Heavy stuff, and getting heavier. Anyways... throughout the day, the snow stopped and started a few times... turned to rain for a bit... then started again. Someone said this evening that it was supposed to snow another foot. Hmm...  I was a little bit too wet and tired today to build anything, but maybe, just maybe tomorrow...

Which reminds me of something earlier today. I was walking home from the corner store late this afternoon and was smiling for some reason, and realized that "I think I feel like a little kid when I'm wearing snowboots." That comment came up in a conversation, followed by:

"Actually I look like a little kid when I'm out in the snow."

The response a nano-second later being:
"Probably look like a little kid your own five footish self."


Had a good hardy laugh at that one.

Anyways... I had started writing this and was going to hop into bed, but decided to put the load of laundry into the dryer... I opened the door to the laundry room and my snowboots nearly killed me. I stepped down, my foot landing awkwardly onto the base of one of them and lurched forward but thankfully was able to catch myself and not hit the door or floor with my head, nor twist my ankle. I can't even use the excuse that the lights were off... I knew the boots were there, I saw them. I think they had been sitting there planning this attack all evening.

Well that's it for tonight... I'm sleepy now... G'nite... or should I say G'mornin.

No comments: