Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Saturday, January 28, 2012

The One...


Wasn't really a big Sir Elton fan, but I did and still do greatly appreciate that he was a singer, songwriter, piano player and performer... and... he did make some beautiful music. This is another song from the compilation CD I mentioned yesterday.



And... no... I never believed in all that .... "The One"... crap. I have been in a silent funk for the past couple weeks or so, and I keep forgetting that I need music. Listening to stuff from different times in my life, I am now starting to wonder if I need it because I don't have a heartbeat unless I am listening to some kind... almost any kind... of music that moves me... in some way. (Here's another one on that same CD. Yeah, it's great for a laugh.)

4 comments:

DaveO said...

If music moves you, then by all means! If it's giving you a heartbeat, then don't run out of batteries on your Walkman!

My music tends to take me into a different place where I can create, ruminate, and enjoy. But, I can't live there.

Good on ya, SG

Spockgirl said...

I think music used to put me in a zone, akin to yours, however now it seems that I need it in order to draw myself out of the mostly dead self-induced coma mode.

DaveO said...

Music is still performing then - your zone has changed in relation to your position, similar to a boat's drift in relation to an orientation point.

Spockgirl said...

Great, I'm a boat.