Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Friday February 24, 2012

I almost forgot about this. Other than the five straight days of crazy snow in January, winter has been pretty mild for the most part, other than the occasional windstorm and a few cold days here and there. But last Friday, out of the blue (not quite, but close), huge, slow snowflakes fell for almost the whole day. (The kind of snow that makes your eyes go as big as a Japanese anime character.) I had walked downtown to run errands and as I was on my way home, the nice older lady who works at the video store was outside having a smoke and said laughingly "Merry Christmas!" I was already smiling because of the big snowflakes, but that made me laugh. Anyways, I think less than two inches fell, and the snow was gone the next day.

Speaking of "Merry Christmas!", get this... It took me a while to settle and breathe and fall asleep last night (somewhere between 2:30 and 3). Woke up at 4:18 and everything seemed to be cleared, went to the bathroom and ... yep... the toilet backed up again (it has been doing this for almost a year now)... AND the bathroom sink wouldn't drain properly... again. I took the plunger to the sink, which then allowed the release of some water from the toilet. (I've done this before.) I started to fill the bath with water (with the drain open) and plunged that as well, which allowed the water in the toilet to drain out. So... I just thought that was kinda funny, in a twisted sort of way, considering my previous post, "Clogged".

No comments: