Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Saturday, March 10, 2012

Feels like ages ago...


I haven't been this kind of sick in a long time. Or maybe it just seems like a long time considering I used to catch something almost every three months when I was at the old office job. I knew I had written something on the blog the last time, so I went to check and found that it was April 25, 2010. Not quite two years, but it feels like ages ago.

Didn't sleep much last night, not for lack of trying. Even though my body felt warm, I was freezing. I put a fleece turtleneck on top of my long-sleeve t-shirt and fleece pants on top of my flannel PJ pants. Was up every hour on the hour like clockwork, from 2:11, 3:11, etc... until 7, expelling the evil spirits known as ... snot and phlegm. I slept sometime after that, and only woke up because the phone rang. Needless to say, I scared the guy who called... I sounded that bad. His wife was knocking at the door as we spoke, but I couldn't get to the door. Besides, I know I looked a fright worse than I sounded.

The funny thing right now is that I don't feel tired, and if I'm sitting up straight, it seems to be fine, except for a slight throbbing in my head, and if I don't try to swallow. I think an ice cold glass of milk would be nice.


No comments: